Biochemistry (As per revised MCI curriculum) 5th/2019 by Pankaja Naik
- All chapters from the fourth edition have been updated as per the new MBBS curriculum.
- Each chapter starts with ‘Objectives’ to guide students to study and summarize the content of the chapter easily.
- All the relevant mechanisms, theories and concepts are described with the help of schematic diagrams.
- The important clinical and applied aspects of the topic are highlighted in the colored boxes.
- ‘Strike a Note’ depicts additional significant information.
- For self-assessment and exam preparation, every chapter ends with Long Answer Questions (LAQs), Short Notes, Case Studies, and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Some new topics that present in the fifth edition as per the current scenario include: –
– Concept of alloenzyme and classification of enzymes as per IUBMB classification and nomenclature (Chapter 6)
– Diet in disease conditions like diabetes mellitus, coronary artery disease and pregnancy (Chapter 16)
– Adrenal functions, disorders, and function tests (Chapter 26)
– Concepts involved in vaccine development (Chapter 28)
– Apoptosis (Chapter 30)
– Biochemical basis of cancer therapy (Chapter 30)
– The extracellular matrix (Chapter 31)
– Role of oxidative stress in the pathogenesis (Chapter 34)
– Hospital waste disposal as per Biomedical Waste Management Rules, 2016 (Chapter 35).