This South Asian edition, based on 12th edition of Phillips’ Science of Dental Materials, while maintaining the current and authoritative nature, has incorporated certain features, which would make it more valuable to students and clinicians in the Indian context. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the composition, biocompatibility, physical properties, mechanical properties, manipulative variables, and performance of direct and indirect restorative materials and auxiliary materials used in dentistry.
Key Features :-
• Up-to-date scientific and clinical data on the most advanced restorative materials
• Clinical and technical aspects of various materials have been highlighted in special boxes to enable easy reference without having to go through the entire text
• Clinical aspects such as manipulation and techniques for cementation and polishing provided in easy to read boxes
• Summary has been provided at the end of every chapter in a bulleted format. This provides the chapter at a glance and would be valuable to students just prior to an examination when they would be able to glance over the salient aspects of the chapter
• Review Questions related to each chapter culled over from the question papers of different universities over the last 10 years and would be a useful reference for UG students
• Glossary provides a list of key terms used in dental materials science.