Manipal Manual of Clinical Anatomy 2nd/2024 (Vol 3) by Sampath Madhyastha, M Chakrapani
- Complete coverage of General Anatomy, Gross Anatomy, Osteology, Histology, Embryology and Genetics in three volumes
- Every chapter clearly highlights the learning objectives for the students and matching them with NMC guided competencies
- Nearly 1500 high quality-coloured illustrations, including 2-dimensional images for understanding the anatomy and simple line diagrams to enable presentation of topics/answers in structured subjective examinations
- High quality of photomicrograph of histology slides which are supplemented by schematic illustrations which would help the students while drawing the same in their histology practical record book
- Clinical correlations of the anatomical region being highlighted in green boxes immediately after the description of the topic. This would help the students to correlate the anatomy what they have learned with its clinical applications
- Nearly 220 appropriate case scenarios are included to facilitate self-study and discussion, aimed to sensitize the students to clinical relevance of anatomy and would make learning anatomy a joyful experience
- Just before the exam, adequate tabulations, Flowcharts, Mnemonics which help the students to prepare for their examination
- A detailed list of possible questions for the theory examination, list of possible OSPE/spotter's questions for the practical examination and histology spotter's exams identification notes
- Microscopic anatomy descriptions matching with function (physiology) and biochemistry for integration of basic medical sciences
- More than 1000 high yield, application based multiple-choice questions (MCQs) that will aid in preparation for competitive postgraduate entrance tests and USMLE Step I examination
|CBS Publishers and Distributors Pvt. Ltd.
|Sampath Madhyastha| M Chakrapani
|About the Author
Sampath Madhyastha is an alumnus of Kasturba Medical College, Manipal and former Additional Professor of Anatomy, Kasturba Medical College,Mangalore (Manipal Academy of Higher Education) and is currently the Program Director of Postgraduate Studies in the department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait. He has been teaching Human Anatomy to students of Medicine,Dentistry and Allied Health Science courses for the past 25 years in India and abroad.He is vastly experienced in understanding, designing and delivery of anatomy curriculum at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. His international experience is reflected in this manual and makes it very special and distinctive. His Manipal Manual of Anatomy for Allied Health Science Courses is the most preferred book for allied health science courses in India and abroad. He is an outstanding teacher and won the heart of thousands of medical students in India. He has been awarded 'Good Teacher Award' many times instituted by Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. Apart from teaching, Dr. Madhyastha is actively involved in research in the field of neuroscience. He has published more than 70 research papers in reputed national and international journals. He is the recipient of many independent research grants offered by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). He has guided many doctoral theses in Manipal Academy of Higher Education. He has involved many undergraduate medical students in ICMR sponsored students' research. He has been awarded the prestigious Dr TMA Pai Gold medal for excellence in medical research.
M Chakrapani is a renowned physician with three decades of experience in teaching and patient care.Currently he is a Professor of Medicine at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (Manipal Academy of Higher Education), India.He is the former Associate Dean and Director of Research at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. He is currently the unit head of Medicine III at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.His area of expertise is Insulin resistance, Machine learning in Medicine Apart from his teaching and patient care commitments,he has immensely contributed to medical research by publishing original research articles in national and international reputed journals.He has many awards to his credit and to name a few are gold medal for best outgoing medical graduate,good teacher award, distinguished alumni awards.Above all his academic achievements he is a great human being.
Ask A Question